Following Shutter Sale & Installation
"The service we received from your team was second to none. Polite and professional and very clean - the fitter even bought in his own vacuum cleaner! We are very pleased with the precision finishing fit of the shutters and they look wonderful in our 1903 window frames. Our neighbours are already creating an interest and we will certainly be giving your company our highest recommendations. Thanks once again."
Mrs Sarah Gaffney - Uckfield.
"Following the completion of the installation of our shutters and the "tweaking visit", I thought I would communicate our feelings upon what we would judge to be an exemplary service your organisation offers.
From your initial visit to measure and quote, we have received nothing but excellent service. Your advice was clear and very well informed, the options available many but with your help and advice made all the easier. Your pricing turned out to be extremely keen compared to the other local and national companies we contacted.
The icing on the cake was the delivery and installation ahead of the planned date, and the resolution of the teething problems again resolved in very quick time. So a big thank you from myself and Suzanne, and I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone who is considering having shutters installed."
Mr. Arnold - Seaford.
"I would like to thank you very much for the wonderful shutters you supplied and fitted last week. They are perfect in every way and have helped achieve a more contemporary look for my home. I have already had a number of complements from friends and neighbours and have quite happily recommended your company. I am very impressed with your service, starting from my initial call to your company, the advice I received at the site visit and finally the quality of the product and the fitting service. It has been a pleasure dealing with you and I look forward to ordering further shutters for my home in the future."
Celia Tilli - Richmond.
"I have to say the shutters look fantastic (even nicer than expected) and Mark fitted them really well. Our cottage is over 350 years old and so the windows are small with each wall/part ceiling of the windows NOT straight and off centre in their own peculiar way. Mark however, was not to be put off and despite his having to be very patient (it took hours - poor thing!) he got them to fit exactly level and square. He was pleasant and polite at all times as well. We can't praise him highly enough!"
A Mold - Hastings. East Sussex.
"I am delighted with my shutters and was extremely impressed with the speed of installation and quality of the installers handiwork. We love them and I hope that you will shortly hear from my niece who is thinking of installing shutters."
Mrs A Rose - Sussex
"The shutters look amazing and fulfil the function we bought them for. The installation took no time at all and the installer was very thorough, making sure that the shutters fitted perfectly. The difference in the heat retention in the room has been dramatic. It is a north facing room and heat loss through the window had always been a problem, but this has now been addressed. They also look good and are easy to operate given their large size."
Mr & Mrs Whelan - Rotherfield. Kent
"We were superbly pleased with the look of the shutters and their ease with installing them. We have already recommended them to our friends Emma & Peter should they be in touch soon. Kindest regards"
Mrs Rebecca Baker - Chiswick
“Excellent service and staff as with every time I have used you. Always on time and polite. The shutters look great and are good value for money. Installation happened before xmas which was an unexpected bonus with installation quick and easy. The playroom is warmer and looks much better for the blinds. We are delighted with them.”
Mrs Goddard - Hounslow. Middlesex
"We dealt with friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff from beginning to end. We are thrilled with both the look and functionality of the shutters. All of our family, friends and neighbour’s have commented on how they enhance the look of our Victorian house. We have a small front garden so our house is close to the pavement and we previously felt overlooked. The shutters provide privacy but still allow the light to come in.”
Mrs Boxall - Bromley. Kent
"Fantastic service. Could not fault the service, quality of shutters and value for money. Many thanks.“
Mrs Jane Hall – Southend on Sea. Essex
"Hello Nathan. Just a quick like to say how great your guys were, they were professional and very courteous and on time, which never happens. The workmanship was really impressive, and the minor things were sorted out quickly and in a very friendly manor. Please pass on my thanks to them both."
Mr & Mrs Hayhoe – Heathfield – East Sussex
"I love my new shutters, they fit & glide along beautifully, in fact, we will be contacting you again as we would like them in the spare rooms as well. Our bedroom looks so much bigger & brighter - I love them! THANK YOU"
Mrs L Swern - Wandsworth London
"Hi Nathan. Just to say, had the shutters fitted yesterday and they really look great. We will have no hesitation in pushing business your way.... Thanks again"
Mr Mark Howden - Emsworth, Hampshire
"I wanted to tell you I am absolutely delighted with my shutters and was extremely impressed with the speed of installation and quality of Mark the installers handiwork. We love them. And I hope that you will shortly hear from my niece who is thinking of installing shutters too. Thankyou!
Mrs Rose - Maidenhead, Berkshire
"Dear Nathan. Thank you for your correspondence. We are very pleased with our shutters and we have passed your name on to several people one Mrs M King who you are visiting today and we hope that you get a sale from this appointment, we hope to have another window done in the future ourselves just need to save some money look forward to speaking to again soon. Yours sincerely."
Mick and Angie Harmer - Bexhill, Sussex
“No hassle, no quibble quote and the price and time frame honoured to the letter! Excellent communication. The best company we've dealt with for a very long time.
The fitters were unobtrusive, efficient with the shutters beautifully fitted in no time at all. The shutters have made a huge difference to the feel of the rooms, especially in this snow - which was what we wanted. The neighbour have admired them and one thought it would solve a similar problem for them. Hope you get an order from it! Many thanks, you deserve to succeed”
Mrs Howard - Woolacomb. Devon
"Hi Nathan. I Just wanted to let you know that we love our new shutters, they completely transform the front of the house, both inside and out.
The service from your company has been first class. You were great - knowledgeable, but not too pushy and the installation was quick, efficient and an excellent job.
I would most definitely recommend your company to anyone wishing to purchase shutters. Thanks again.
Mrs J Terner - Haywards Heath, West Sussex
"I have just had my 7th set of shutters fitted, and am busy saving for the next set! I cannot praise the service you offer enough. We have recently moved to an old house that has needed a lot of work, I have therefore met numerous traders in the last year. Your services are the only trade/company I would have no hesitation in recommending. They are so professional and accommodating. The shutters have transformed my house not only aesthetically, but they also significantly reduce noise.
It is so nice to find a company that is passionate about their product and takes customer care so seriously. Well done!" Regards
Mrs Anne-Marie Matti - Windlesham, Surrey
"My apologies for taking so long to send you this but I have been meaning to tell you how pleased I was with the friendly, efficient service offered. The whole thing was easy and painless. When you came round to measure up and give me a quote it was really thorough and took time to go through the different options and show me how it would all work/ look. I felt we discussed everything about the service and the shutters enough to enable me to make an informed decision there and then. I also really liked how there was just one cost covering the shutters and installation. Again the service was friendly and efficient.
As with the quote, the time for installation fitted in with my work day so I wasn't having to take a days annual leave which was brilliant. I felt that my home was respected and care was taken not to make a mess. I love the shutters! They fit really well and work perfectly with my new bathroom in exactly the way I'd anticipated. They are much admired by people who come round."
Ms Charlie Fripp - SE13, London
"We feel the service provided was very good. From the follow up call after my enquiry to the day of installation we were happy. My only critisism would be that a call to update me on the delivery of the shutters would have been nice after around the five week period. We felt that the relaxed attitude and appearance of the sales person put us at ease and not under pressure. The sales person was very well informed.
We are very happy with the appearance of the shutters and especially their practicalities. Our only criticism is that one shutter will not stay open but expect this is due to the building not the installation. They have made the room feel bigger and are a feature of it. The shutters have made the front room feel lighter in the day and darker in the evenings. They have provided us with extra privacy but importantly made us feel more secure as using the louvers means passers-by cannot see in. Great!! Cheers guys."
Lee & Kayleigh Stunnel - Eastbourne, Sussex
"The house looks fantastic with these shutters installed, plus we are already getting comments from the neighbours."
Mr D Newman - East Grinstead. West Sussex
"Dear Nathan. You demonstrated excellent service and polite at all times. My shutters were supplied and fitted as described and with professionalism. The shutters are very well made and have been fitted perfectly, exactly as we wanted - my only comment is that one in hall is stiffer to move than all the others. If this becomes an issue I will call. The shutters have finished off the whole 'new look' to my lounge beautifully. Just what we wanted. Thank you very much.”
Mrs Moore - Chailey. East Sussex
"Just a quick note to say how friendly and helpful your service has been. You offered good, sound advice during the design consultation with the resulting shutters exceeding my expectations. The shutters give a bright modern look to the house and somehow make the rooms a little more spacious. Thanks."
Mr Denny - Bromley. Kent
Indoor Wooden Shutter Sales, Expert Fitting.
The Service We Offer.
Book Your Quote Today.
Free Shutter Guide
Our Best Deal
What Our Customers Say
Contact Us Here
+44 (0)1825 760722
+44 (0)7538 474467
Shutter-Man © 2017 - Installing Interior Window Shutters since 2001
Serving Brighton to London, including Sussex, Surrey & Kent.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or miss-described goods. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
1. To the customer (a) Disregarding item 4. Shutter-Man herein known as “S-M” agrees to supply as part of its contract, all materials S-M in accordance with its own or manufacturers guidelines and recommendations. (b) S-M agrees to undertake all necessary precautions during its own installations and to carry out fitting in a professional way. All installations are fitted to best endeavour. (c) S-M will inform the customer to the best of their knowledge the manner in which the products may be applied. However, no claims for compensation will be accepted against assumptions made in respect of our operations, installations and product capabilities.
2. Quotations (a) All quotations by S-M represent an invitation to the buyer to place an order and do not constitute a legal offer. The purchase order will be regarded as the offer and S-M order confirmation acceptance will be regarded as binding. No alternative terms & conditions will be considered or accepted by S-M. (b) All prices are quoted without commitment and are subject to alteration or withdrawal by S-M after 30 days without prior notice. Orders are accepted on condition that the prices charged are those ruling at the date of despatch unless S-M specifically agrees in writing to engage a fixed price contract.
3. Your Guarantee (a) S-M agrees to repair or replace any products falling below the high standards set by S-M or by our manufacturers, if proven to be defective in materials or workmanship and/or fall outside the permitted tolerances allowed: measuring +/- 2mm and 1mm warp over 300mm.
Please note that this does not include: 1. Using the shutter in an exterior environment. 2. A tier on tier installation where advised of weight hanging issues likely to arise. 3. Products in a high moisture environment. Guarantee periods vary with type of product.
(b) In the case of Supply Only. S-M agrees to repair or replace any products falling below the high standards set by S-M or by our manufacturers, if proven to be defective in materials or workmanship and/or fall outside the permitted tolerance Tolerances allowed: measuring +/- 2mm and 1mm warp over 300mm. Please note that this does not include: 1. Using the shutter in an exterior environment. 2. A tier on tier installation where advised of weight hanging issues likely to arise. 3. Products in a high moisture environment. Guarantee periods vary with type of product.
(c) Where defective products/workmanship are claimed the buyer must give reasonable access (weekdays 8am – 5pm) to S-M within a period of 3 months from the claim, to evaluate, repair or replace the defective part or product. Failure to give this access to S-M within 3 months will invalidate the claim and any balances outstanding will immediately fall due for payment.
4. Non-Guaranteed Items. Any products supplied at a customer’s request that are outside the relevant manufacturer’s specifications or used in extremely damp conditions outside manufacturer’s recommendations, where such details S-M are made known during sales consultation and noted on our sales order confirmation, will be excluded from guarantee. S-M cannot guarantee the goods against fading especially as a result of exposure to sunlight, where over time, fading will occur.
5. Liabilities. (a) Tolerance levels of overall panel specifications are plus or minus 2mm, and the product will not be considered defective if falling within the size range. Warping on any component part, vertical or horizontal, shall not exceed 1mm per 300mm and shall not be considered defective if within this tolerance. (b) S-M gives no warranty as to the fitness of the product supplied for any purpose other than that of an internal window dressing as surveyed by S.M. Other installations and uses are at the risk of the buyer. (c) If the installation is not completed within the estimated delivery period quoted to the buyer, the buyer may serve notice to S-M requiring that the installation be completed within such reasonable period as the buyer may specify (in general S-M would accept six weeks as being reasonable). If the installation is not completed within such extended period the buyer may request compensation for each week thereafter that the installation is not completed. Not with-standing the foregoing; i.) S-M shall not be liable for any delay in the completion of an order arising from any cause beyond the control of S-M. In the event that S-M specifies a date of completion, the time period of any delay beyond the control of S-M, shall be deducted from the period any time penalty. ii.) Cancellation of any uncompleted contract shall not release the buyer from the obligation to pay for that part of the contract that has been completed.
6. Limitations. It is recommended that shutter panels be ordered within our normal specification range. For example, panels above 1800mm in height are ordered with a Mid-rail, and that panel widths do not exceed 750mm. We may exceed the limitation at your request, but in doing so we cannot accept responsibility for problems that result. If the client is not on site when property is surveyed or installed the shutters will be fitted in accordance to our standard practices unless agreed prior to confirmation. If they chose to install against our recommendation, then liability will be theirs. When the buyer installs him/herself or employs his/her own labour to install the product S-M will not accept liability for any damage.
7. Stain & Paint Finishes (a) Stain Finishes: As a natural timber product with varying colours and grains a 100% match against sample swatches cannot be guaranteed. (b) Paint Finishes: Due to the materials used and the spraying processes involved some slight tonal differences may be noticeable under certain light conditions, even where a specific colour code is supplied and used in relation to a paint finish. These minor variations will not be deemed incorrect or defective on the part of S-M.
8. Samples / Minimum Order Samples: Free of charge timber/colour samples can be supplied to the buyer. Sample shutters can be supplied and invoiced at charges specified in the S-M price list if not returned within 1 month of despatch. Minimum Order: Minimum order value is £400.00 including fitting. This is because the costs involved to survey, and later fit prevents us from taking on smaller projects.
9. Retention of Title. Goods shall remain the property of S-M until full payment has been received. The buyer’s right to possession of the goods will cease at the earliest of the following; either (i.) On expiration of any agreed period of credit, or (ii.) the due date for payment of any invoice has passed.
10. Payment Terms. (a) All materials supplied by S-M are custom-made to exact requirements in size, finish and design. A 50% deposit of the total order value is payable to commence production. By forwarding a payment it is understood that the buyer is instructing S-M to process an order, Acceptance of payment by SM shall constitute a contract between the buyer and S-M. Cancellation by the buyer without penalty will not be possible once production has begun. Any balances payable are due immediately upon completion of installation. (b) In the case of Supply-Only/Mail Order any balance will be payable prior to dispatch.
11. Non-Payment Terms. (a) Unless S-M has approved a credit application evidenced in writing, all goods must be paid for prior to delivery or on completion of installation. (b) S-M will inform customers by phone and if necessary in writing of any outstanding amounts if full settlement is not received within 7 days of installation. Amounts unpaid after 14 days will be subject to a “one off” late payment fee of £30.00 and interest shall be charged thereon at a rate of 3% above the base rate of Barclays Bank PLC for the time being on a day to day basis. Interest will be added to the balance monthly. Additional costs incurred to recover the outstanding balance will be added to any balance.
12. Delivery. (a) Delivery times given will be deemed correct at time of order placement. However, as a custom made product, all delivery times stated shall be for guidance only and shall not be deemed as part of any contract with S-M unless otherwise specified. Specific dates for completion must be notified in writing and included with an order. Such arrangements may be subject to additional charges as deemed appropriate by S-M. (b) If goods are delivered to the buyer, prior to installation by S-M, the buyer shall be responsible for their safe keeping, and should make sure they are adequately insured against loss or damage.
13. Mail-Order Delivery/Carriage Charges. UK Mainland Your order will be despatched in the “best way” in terms of cost and appropriate service unless otherwise agreed. There is a charge on all orders for goods. Current charges can be found in the S-M most recent price list. Exceptions are single packages of hardware and sample colours, which will be forwarded to the buyer by S-M at the request of the buyer by first class post to be charged at cost if agreed. (b) SM will be responsible only for deliveries made by our approved carrier. (c) Non-delivery, damage, or pilferage in transit must be reported in writing to S-M within reasonable time of receipt of invoice or advice of despatch or delivery. Where goods are collected from S-M, by the buyer or a third party nominated by the buyer the risk in the goods passes to the buyer upon delivery to the buyer or such third party. Thereupon, all liability from S-M in the goods for loss or destruction, breakages, shortages or non-delivery shall cease. (d) When goods are delivered, the buyer shall be responsible for checking the complete order has been delivered. Any claim for shortage must be made within reasonable time. Once delivered to the buyer, the buyer shall be responsible for their safe keeping and should make sure they are adequately insured against loss or damage.